I’m Nicole Wells and I am a photographic portrait artist.
I am exhibiting the series 'My Daughter, My Muse' from the 6th-14th of May in Paddington Town Hall in Sydney, as part of the Head On Photo Festival.
I like to create stylised individual portraits that reflects aspects of you or your child’s personality, whether that be that solemn, thinking side or that cheeky, energetic one. My speciality is to help create a look for your child, and stage a scene, I can and do research historical aspects and clothing details for my shoots. I especially love working with children, as I have so much experience with my own!
I have a current Working With Children’s check and you can relax comfortably on my couch, whilst your child is being photographed in my home studio.
- Appeared on ABC’s "Photo Finish" show, photographing Vince Colosimo
- Finalist in 2013 & 2015 Fremantle International Portrait Prize
- Won Photographic section of Gosford Art Prize
- Finalist & Semi-finalist in Head On Photography Prize 2014/2016 & 2017
- Featured in New York Times as part of the Head On Portrait prize, exhibited in Manhattan
- Semi-finalist Moran Photography Portrait Prize 2014
- Work has been exhibited in New York, New Zealand, China & Brazil
Please scroll horizontally to see more of my work. Most of these are for sale, contact me to arrange purchase.
ABN: 61 292 076 082
Sushi For Beginners!
The Pretty Thing
The Urban Fox - Winner of the 2016 Portrait Photography section of the Royal Easter Arts Show. Semi-finalist in Head On 2016.
Wrapped - Winner of the photographic section of the Gosford Art Prize, finalist in Head On, printed in the NY Times as part of Head On, exhibited internationally.
The Ukelele Player
The Red Dress
Vince Colosimo - Taken for the ABC's show 'Photo Finish'
KingMidas and Rosemary
The Puppet Master
A Stitch in time
A long day
The Long Night
The girl in the lace collar
Alice and her rabbit - Book cover for a book of shorts stories by Caroline Van Keeken.